Ical & WebDav Difficulties

I’d like to utilize webdav to publish my iCal calender but am having difficulties. I’ve set up webdav on my site via the Goodies control panel. In iCal, I’ve entered the URL given in the control panel. I also entered the log and pass that I set up. When click “publish” to up my calender, I get an error message stating:

Error: Calender could not be published. This action has been forbidden by the server.

Any ideas on how to publish my iCal calender? Also, once I’ve published the calender, do I need to install any scripts or anything to view the calender?

Thanks for the help.

You’re having problems because DreamHost has temporarily turned off the WebDAV feature because of security issues. They can’t turn it on per-user or per-account, only globally for all their customers, so they probably can’t/won’t turn it back on quickly.

I suggest you write to support and tell them that you need WebDAV. If/when they get enough of these requests, I hope they’ll turn it back on.

TorbenGB

FWIW WebDAV is working fine here. And I saw no DH annoucement they’d turned it off.

They did turn it off and say so in this thread. And in this thread they say that they’ll leave it turned off unless they get lots of complaints. So maybe they turned DAV back on again?

TorbenGB

I think they turned off Samba not WebDav.

Edit: Yeah my webdav works fine. It’s Samba and WebDav = Different

willscorner.net

They did turn it off and say so in this thread. And in this
thread they say that they’ll leave it turned off

[/quote]

“we’ve shut off samba everywhere ourselves (since about Friday),”

and

“We still have Samba blocked at our border”

you mean?

My mistake. I thought DAV and Samba were names for the same…

TorbenGB

No problem! :wink: