iCal and PHP iCalendar Issue

I’m currently using iCal 2.0.4 and I’m trying to publish some calendars to my private server using PHP iCalendar. I have it all set up and I can get it working, but I am running into one specific problem:

The minimum permissions needed for this whole scheme to work is 644 (rw-r–r--). However, whenever iCal updates the calendar to my WebDAV directory, it changes the permissions of the calendar to 640 (rw-r-----), completely breaking PHP iCalendar. Because the directory that iCal is uploading the published calendar to is WebDAV, I can’t edit the permissions unless I turn WebDAV off, edit the permissions, then turn WebDAV back on. Quite annoying everytime I update a calendar.

Has anyone figured out a way around this? It seems like a problem with iCal and not PHP iCalendar (even though apparently Sunbird is having the same issue now).

On a side note: Does anyone know of any web calendars that iCal can upload to that don’t look like complete garbage other than PHP iCalendar?

Thanks.

Nobody knows anything, huh?

Not quite sure about specific advice to recommend - but I just got this working the other day, and its working absolutely fabulously. I followed the walk through on the DreamHost wiki: http://wiki.dreamhost.com/index.php/PHPiCalendar … so it is possible to get it up and running on DH as things stand without turning WebDAV on and off. Perhaps starting from scratch and/or working through that excellent walkthrough might work for you? Good luck!