I want to be an affiliate but confused about a few things

I visited Dreamhost’s official website and read the content carefully, I want to be an affiliate, as I am a newbie in this field, so I am confused about a few things which are as follows:
1.“Sub-Referrals” are defined as tier-2 referrals. Tier-3 referrals do not earn a credit. ( How much commission will I get when my referred person makes a sale? And will I get a commission on his every sale or will it be a one-time commission?
2.Recurring Payments will be applied to customer’s account every time a payment is made by both referrals and sub-referrals. ( Does it mean when I refer someone then his account will be deducted?)
3. New accounts must use a different payment method from the referrer to qualify for rewards credit for the referrer. (Does it mean if I am the referrer then I have to use a different method except paypal?)
4. Referred customers must maintain an active hosting account during any free trial and/or money-back guarantee periods applicable. Rewards accrued from customers who cancel their accounts and/or receive a refund during these periods will be cancelled.( Does it mean if my referred customer cancel his purchase during free trial or gets a refund then I won’t get any commission?)
5. Rewards accrued from DreamHost customers that have completed their free trial and/or money-back guarantee periods are paid out via PayPal at the start of every month, and are subject to a 5% fee. ( Does it mean Dreamhost will deduct 5% money from my account on every sale I made at the end of the month or on the whole sale of my month?)
6. A Platinum Affiliates program is available to active affiliates generating greater than 25 sales per month, offering a number of exclusive features including earlier cashout of Rewards, payments by check, and waiving of the 5% fee on cashout. ( what is meant by cashout of rewards?)
7. Does Dreamhost offer any 60 day cookie period like others?

Kindly, reply me ASAP.

You will receive either $5 for each sale they make if you are set to receive one-time rewards, or 5% of the referred person’s sales if you are set to receive recurring rewards.

No.

It means that accounts you refer must not be owned or paid for by you.

Correct.

There is mathematically no difference between the two — subtracting 5% from each sale would give the exact same result as subtracting 5% from their total.

That being said, from our perspective, the 5% fee is deducted when calculating the amount to cash out. If you had $100 available to cash out at the beginning of a month, for instance, you would receive a PayPal payment of $95.

“Cashout” is the process of paying out rewards you asked about above.

Our current cookie period is 45 days.

Hey Andrew F

Thanks for your quick response. I write down of what I have understood from your message.
1.“Sub-Referrals” are defined as tier-2 referrals. Tier-3 referrals do not earn a credit. ( How much commission will I get when my referred person makes a sale? And will I get a commission on his every sale or will it be a one-time commission?
(You mean I can get both one-time commission from my referred person or a commission whenever he makes a sale)?

2.One-time Payments will be applied to customer’s account the first time a referred (or sub-referred) customer makes payment for any full hosting plan (including dedicated servers). Referred accounts for annual hosting plans qualify for up to a one time $97 commission, and new month-to-month hosting plans qualify for up to a one time $30 commission.

(Does it mean that when my referred person pay for annual hosting I will get a one time $97 commission and if I refer new month-to-month hosting plans I will get a one time $30 commission?)

3.Recurring Payments will be applied to customer’s account every time a payment is made by both referrals and sub-referrals. ( what does it mean?)

4.Rewards accrued from DreamHost customers that have completed their free trial and/or money-back guarantee periods are paid out via PayPal at the start of every month, and are subject to a 5% fee. (Does it mean that my referred accounts must complete their free trial and money back guarantee, then Dreamhost will pay me commission?) BTW how many days are in the free trial and money back guarantee? And how much commission will I get?

1. Promotional code discounts are non-recurring and are only applied toward an account’s first payment. (Does this mean that this a one-time discount and I won’t get it in second month for the same account?)

2. New accounts must use a different payment method from the referrer to qualify for rewards credit for the referrer. (It means neither I own referred accounts nor I pay from them for hosting) Am I right?

3. A Platinum Affiliates program is available to active affiliates generating greater than 25 sales per month, offering a number of exclusive features including earlier cashout of Rewards, payments by check, and waiving of the 5% fee on cashout.
    (If I get a platinum affiliate program, Dreamhost won’t deduct 5% fee on cashout?)

4. Does Dreamhost offer any 60 day cookie period like others?
    (Does it mean in 45 days if my referred person buy your services, I will get my commission?)