I tried to register a domain

I tried to register a domain on my account. I got through the whole process but when I go back to the manage domains tab the section:

Manage domain REGISTRATIONS on “####'s Account”

it reports that I don’t have any domains registered through DreamHost. Now it’s been over an hour and I haven’t received any kind of email or confirmation that my domain is being registered. And if I check the availability of the domain that I supposedly already registered it says it’s still available. How long does it usually take for the registration to finish?

It varies quite a bit. Some of mine have taken around 2 hours before I receive the registration email.

I would suggest just sitting tight and waiting for the email. After you receive this email the domain should appear in the registrations section of the panel.

Remember also; After the registration has gone through you will need to add the domain to the DreamHost hosting system via Domains -> Manage Domains -> Add New Domain / Sub-Domain. Assuming you intend to host the domain at DreamHost.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

Thanks.
Don’t you think it would be nice if they put a “Pending Registrations” section so you at least know your request went through. There’s no sign anywhere that I even registered even though I did. Oh well… the waiting game continues.

Well it all turned out fine in the end. In fact as soon as I got my registration confirmation I could access my domain through the internet. At least whatever dns I was connected to already got my domain. Cool :slight_smile:

Excellent, I am glad everything went smoothly, albeit a little delayed :slight_smile:

Good luck.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )