I need help!

Hi everyone,
Here’s the story. thanks in advance to anyone who reads this.

I bought some webspace here a couple years ago, but then let my original .com domain that i registered with dreamhost expire.
since that domain had become unavailable, i had to go elsewhere and buy it as a .ca from netfirms.

so now, i still have and am still paying for my webspace here on dreamhost, and i wanted to be able to use this webspace for my .ca website.

i dont know how to go about doing this. I think i’m supposed to change my DNS server and direct to the dreamhost one (the ns1.dreamhost.com and the IP), which i have done already, but i dont know where to go from there.

it’s been a while since i’ve done anything with my website so i’ve forgotten almost everything.

i dont currently have a domain registered with dreamhost, just the webspace.

if anyone could tell me what i need to do to get my site up and running, it would be greatly appreciated. or even if it’s just to tell me that it’s not possible and that i should just cancel my webspace with dreamhost and work off the little amount i get form netfirms, which is what i’m thinking of doing if this is too complicated.

thank you so much!

In your dreamhost control panel, you add the domain (.ca) and point it to the directory as your last domain pointed to…

For example I have

/blog
/website
/test

When you setup the .ca domain it will ask you the directory, and if the old website was stored in /website
you would put /website in when you setup the domain, and it will display the old website in the new domain.

[color=#00CC00]Panel > Domains > Manage Domains[/color]

• Click [color=#0000CC]Add new domain[/color]

• Fill out the form, selecting your old domain.com user

Wait a coupla minutes then FTP into your userspace. You should see your new domain.ca directory and the old domain.com directory.

If you still have content in the domain.com directory that you want to just host immediately on your new domain.ca address:

Rename domain.ca -> domain.ca.bak

Rename domain.com -> domain.ca

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost