I need help

Can someone please tell me what to do?

Dreamhost has suspended my account and therefore shut down my website and e-mail apparently due to my credit card expiring. Instead of notifying me of this, they just took me offline.

They say to get technical support and/or pay my bill, I have to log in to their website but my log in information does not work due to the suspension. Since they have no phone numbers to call, and I have never had to contact them before, what do I do now?

I NEED my website back up immediately.

Can someone please help?

Thanks,
Kerry

Hypnobabies Hypnosis for Childbirth

You can try contacting them via the contact form available at http://dreamhost.com/contact.cgi. Generally speaking, I would think your WebId should still allow you access to the Control Panel even if your account is suspended, though the panel would show you as having no current “plan” (probably depending upon how long the account has been suspended).

I have never been in that situation, so I can’t tell you for sure, but I believe that having a WebId allows you to access the support section of the panel, from where you could fill out the “Contact Support” form. If you are sure your WebId credentials are correct, but you can no longer login, I suspect your only way to contact them is via the form I mentioned above.

–rlparker

While it looks like you’re going to need to contact support directly to get this resolved right now, I suggest you review the Contact Preference details that you have set up for your account here: https://panel.dreamhost.com/id/?tab=contact

There are settings for billing and account related messages. So far I’ve never had any problems and there was even a problem with a card once. Due to a brain-fart on my part, I forgot to update the CC billing info when I had a replacement card issued. DH contacted me and we resolved the problem. Even though it wasn’t applicable in my case, they gave me 30 days to resolve the clerical stuff.

They don’t want to shut your sites off anymore than you want it to happen. BTW, I’ve got 3 different email accounts registered as contacts for me, you might consider doing something similar.