I have 42477 emails in my inbox

Hi guys,

I went to check my emails this morning, and got worried after it reached the 100 mark (unusual for me to have more than 10 or 20, frankly). Besides that, they all had the subject heading “Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender”, and the one I looked at had an email address I wasn’t familiar with. I cancelled send and receive in Outlook and attempted to login to webmail. The main frame of webmail wouldn’t load (overloaded, I’d say), but the left frame did, and told me I have 42477 emails!

Needless to say, my email life has completely stopped until this is resolved, because I can’t download that many emails.

I’ve emailed support, but I was wondering if anyone had experience something similar?

Watto :frowning:

I like Vegemite.

I’m glad I’m not that popular. It sounds like someone used your email address as a bogus return address for a giant spam blast. The good news is that you can filter on that subject.

I’d immediately go to https://mailboxes.example.com (your domain) and add a filter for Undelivered in the Subject that Deletes the message. Then I’d set up my mail client to do the same and let it churn through my inbox.

-Scott

[quote]Needless to say, my email life has completely stopped until this is resolved, because I can’t download that many emails.

I’ve emailed support, but I was wondering if anyone had experience something similar?[/quote]
One thing you can do is setup another mailbox, then swap the addresses, so new messages go to the new mailbox. Naturally you would want to add a filter to the new mailbox first.

:cool: openvein.org -//-

@sdayman: Ok, thanks mate - I’ll do that. I guess once I’ve gotten rid of all of them I should turn off the mailboxes filter, as it means legit messages may not get through in future.

:slight_smile:

I like Vegemite.