I don't want my site to be seen online

Can I continue to keep DH hosting with my site but keep it from being seen in search engine? If I cancel hosting how do I get the website back later?

If you have content on your website and want to keep your hosting active, you may want to consider password protecting your website instead:

You can also make a complete backup of your website in the panel and download it to your personal computer:

You would then be able to end your hosting plan if you choose. You can re-upload your website from the backup once you are ready to re-instate your hosting.

You can also use a robots.txt file, which the more popular search engines (Google, Yahoo, Bing) will honor. Not all search engines will honor that file, though.

If you want a “members only” type of site, you may want to use a CMS that requires a login to view content.

Keep backups of the site files on your local machine. If you use a CMS, be sure to back up the database, as well.

Hi. You should use noindex tag in robots.txt file. Copy and paste it . Then upload robots.txt to your hosting. Greetings :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.