I can't park a specific domain, I don't know how to proceed from here

Hi everyone,I consider myself a beginner in this stuff and I need some help with this issue I’m having. I can’t park the following domain (domain.edu.mk), I get the following message: “You can’t add that domain: you must add the parent domain edu.mk to your account before adding a subdomain to it”. I don’t know how to get past this. I tried parking just a “.mk” domain and it’s working fine but it seems impossible to park “edu.mk” domain. Can anyone help me out? What do I need to do to get this working? I don’t believe it’s impossible to park a “.edu.mk” domain on Dreamhost.

p.s. I must have the domain parked if I want to register it in my country since it’s for an educational institution.

Thanks in advance for you help

FIXED

I had to add “edu.mk” as a domain first and then add domain.edu.mk as it’s subdomain for it to work. If anyone else has this problem, this is the solution

No this is not the solution, the next person isn’t going to be able to add edu.mk because you already did.

I am assuming that edu.mk is top level domain like co.uk is, so you don’t actually own edu.mk. No-one needs to add co.uk to their account to have a co.uk domain work either.

You need to report this problem to Dreamhost, they need to add edu.mk to their list of top level domains (after verifying that it is indeed so). That way everyone will be able to add their own domain under edu.mk.

Wow if that worked then that’s quite a serious glitch right there…

No it’s not a serious glitch at all, because the non-existent WHOIS for edu.mk does not point to Dreamhost. In other words: nothing can happen.

Eh? I wasn’t suggesting it could affect all the edu.mk domains worldwide.

It is a glitch here (read: local).

^ Should not be allowed to happen.

Well…fuck?!

What do you suggest i do? For now i’ll remove the domains from my account until I get a correct solution to this problem. You have any ideas? I sent an email to dreamhost but haven’t heard back

Leave it for now, and let Support now. We’ll fix it (and your domains) up in a bit.

Well thank you. I’ll be waiting for you answer

As you see posting it was a good thing to do, Dreamhost support will fix it, and the next person to add an edu.mk domain will now not have any issue thanks to you. :slight_smile:

It was completely unintentional but now I’m glad I did it :). It’s nice to know that the issue will be fixed, both for myself and for others.

Totally unrelated: we had a cat from Macedonia once. Found it near lake Ohrid.

Just emailed you! Our support team received your ticket and took care of that for you. :slight_smile: If you need to follow up with any questions/concerns, please reply directly to the email. We’ll be happy to help!

I’m glad you’ve visited Lake Ohrid, beautiful place, and thank you for adopting a Macedonian cat :slight_smile:
[hr]

Thank you so much! You have been really great. I checked my account and everything is in order, you guys even parked the domain for me :slight_smile:

Thanks again, I appreciate it