I can't get Live Chat to even open up a pop-up window

Subject line says it all. I could pick live chat from the top bar, but all it does is refresh the current page.

Meanwhile, I have a doozy of an issue that turned my email useless. (Their spam filter is rejecting its own bounceback messages, so I am getting hundreds of emails a minute.)

Is DreamHost trying to force me to pay for callback service? Or is the problem with my web browers – FireFox, Chrome and Edge?

We are sorry to hear that! We were you able to log into your DreamHost account to contact chat?

Chat hours are from 5 AM to 9:30 PM PST. Are you getting the error message during these hours?

My problem is specifically no popup. I am logged on.

• I make sure popups and ads aren’t being blocked.
  • I hit Support -> Live Chat in the top menu – nothing.
  • I try “Chose a topic” followed by the “Chat with an agent” button, nothing.
  • Same experience on Firefox, Chrome, IE, Edge on three different computers on two different networks.

For well over a decade this was working, until last year.

Meanwhile, I have the frustration of a significant number of unanswered tickets during that year. My email lists were touched without warning, and the majority of my archives are gone. And the lists have been of less value anyway, since AOL and Yahoo have a spam filter that has been rejecting enough of them that we’ve been bleeding subscribers for a year now.

Getting human interaction would have been reassuring.

Hi there,

I was able to test the Live Chat function following the steps you mentioned and it is up and running our end. If all pop-up blockers have been disabled you can try to access the panel from a proxy site like https://kproxy.com/ to test and see if it’s getting blocked due to an IP issue.

You should also have the option to submit a ticket to our support team https://panel.dreamhost.com/index.cgi?tree=support.msg& to look into both why the Live Chat window isn’t opening for you and the issue with the email lists. If you can supply us with a support ticket# or domain name on the account we can get them escalated,

Thanks!
Matt C