I can't delete .old wiki subdomains

I recently updated a couple of mediawiki subdomains. I ran the maintenance tools and everything is fine. The one problem that I have is that I can’t delete the .old directory that is left over. I keep getting a message that reads “.htaccess: Permission Denied”. I tried replacing the .htaccess file with one that is blank, but that didn’t make a difference and I tried to delete the .htaccess file itself, but permission was denied. Can anybody tell me what I’m doing wrong? By the way, I’m using Cyberduck 2.7.3 (most recent) as my FTP client on Mac OS 10.4.8.

It’s not that big of a deal because everything is working fine, I just want to clean up the stuff that I’m not using anymore.

Thanks

Chris

I had the same problem with my blog .old files to remove them i deleted the files inside the directory and then removed the dir itself it worked for my blog but i dont know if it will work for you

No, that’s not working. I was able to delete some stuff from the top level directory of the wiki, but its a secondary level that’s giving me some problems. I can’t do anything, I can’t rename files or even move them.

Chris

have you tried logging in through ssh and deleting from there? i often find that a command-line interface is better at deleting files than a gui.

track7 - my dream-hosted site

I contact support you have to do that to get rid of them contact them and tell them your .old directory wont delete they will remove it for you

Peace, DL

I don’t really know command line. I can navigate around and edit things with nano but that’s about it.

If I were to use ssh to delete the files would the command be “sudo rm -r directory”?

I did contact DreamHost support and they deleted the directories for me but I’d like to know how to do this on my own for future reference.

Thanks
Chris

They said not possible to me

Peace, DL

i’ve been able to do it with just rm -rf directory – no sudo. of course make sure you have the right directory before pressing enter!

track7 - my dream-hosted site