I am newbie, some questions

Hello. I own http://www.justshannen.com it’s a fansite about the actress Shannen Doherty.

Next month I will move to your company because my former-host has no serious-tech support and always downtime.

But, I’ve a question.

I am interesting in buying the “Sweet Dreams - level 2” package which offers 144 GB monthly bandwidth.

My question is, what do you mean, Automatically Increases Weekly By: 1.5GB? What’s the difference?

Thank you :slight_smile:

You Bandwidth allotement, as well as disk space is automatically incresed every week (once you sign up) It’s pretty cool, you start with a huge chuck of bandwidth and storage, and every week you get more added onto your account.

-Matttail

It means your bandwidth limit goes up by 6Gb each month, so after the first month you’d be at 150Gb. Good to know if you plan to have some site that will keep growing in traffic.

Cheers,
Peter

Use sweetdream25 at signup for an instant $25 off your new account. Not sure which DreamHost plan is best? This chart lists the plans.

It actually goes up each week, not monthly. It may not make a big difference, but just so you know…

-Matttail (and of couser if you were so inclined - here’s my referal link

Dreamhost is a great host, and it’s having an incredible sale right now.

One thing you need to be aware of is that they are sort of strict about issues relating to spam and copyright. I can’t see your fansite right now because it looks like your account at your current host is suspended.

If you are hosting any photos/video of Shannen Doherty that the copyright is owned by others and you don’t have explicit permission to use it, you may have trouble with Dreamhost. If you have any question about this, you should contact sales/support.

thank you for the replies. well the site is back, but for sure, next month ill probably move to DreamHost. well, i’ve more than 5,000 pictures and many video clips. they’re all copyrighted and i always mention my sources. the site has connections with shannen’s publicist Ms. Leslie Sloane :slight_smile: