Huh? corrupt character data for char set UTF-8

apps

#1

When posting comments to my movable type blog (MT 4.21) people are getting this error message. Any idea what’s going on?

Invalid request: corrupt character data for character set UTF-8

Site in question: http://jalpuna.com

Jalpuna! - personal blog
twenty200 - photo blog
robsdemo - what I do


#2

Seems that its selecting western as the charset, I switched your site from Western (8859-1) to unicode, utf-8, and it posted my comment just fine. (delete it, sorry)

I’m not sure how MT works, as i’ve never used it. so i’d recommend looking around your config/admin panel to find a place where you can set the character encoding. i’m guessing its set to western, more then likely, and every mt site i go to seems to be using utf8 as the default.

http://www.sixapart.com/movabletype/kb/comments/unable_to_sign.html - that has something on mt with utf8, but says to use western. not sure if its just not setting it for the comments page maybe? i say check the config just in case, more then likely, its something simple that is often overlooked. id say just force it to utf-8 and be rid of it.


#3

Adding to the confusion now… Your comment posted - but then I tried to post one and I’m back to receiving the error again.

Jalpuna! - personal blog
twenty200 - photo blog
robsdemo - what I do


#4

Posted one using Opera and it worked flawlessly.

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH


#5

Yep. I solved the problem with some help from the MovableType forums.

Jalpuna! - personal blog
twenty200 - photo blog
robsdemo - what I do


#6

P.S. Thanks for your time in testing it!

Cheers!

Jalpuna! - personal blog
twenty200 - photo blog
robsdemo - what I do


#7

Glad you got it working. Nice site too.

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH