Html, page wont go to top

design

hi,
i am working on a web page and none of the pages go all the way to the top except one (the faq page) can anyone give me a hand. it is driving me crazy.

http://www.whiten-your-teeth.com

thanks,
chunky

Chunky

[quote]… none of the pages go all the way to the top …

[/quote]

Do you mean that ad iframe that is not loading at the top left corner?

DreamRegistrar.com - Register your own domain with DreamHost for just $14.95 now

The problem lies in your use of frames. You have created a frameset with just a single frame in it, which makes no sense at all.

Simon Jessey
Keystone Websites | si-blog

[quote]You have created a frameset with just a single frame in it, which makes no sense at all.

[/quote]

But chunky is actually hosting the website at:

http://www.rmtillman.com/whiteners

Actually, that kind of frameset is very often used to “mask” an URL. :wink:

DreamRegistrar.com - Register your own domain with DreamHost for just $14.95 now

well. here’s the deal. i used up the 3 fully hosted domains, so i redirected to avoid having to pay for a powerpack.

but, i just figured out that i could fully host a subdomain, so i created an “info.whiten-your-teeth.com” subdomain. would that work out better?

as far as the frame stuff goes. i downloaded this free template (yes, i am broke). the template was one page, but had the links on the side included with it. so i just copied however many pages i needed for the links.

so, are you saying that i should modify all of my html pages to be a frame page?

thanks, and i really mean thanks,
chunky

Chunky

about going up to the top, i was referring to that bluish border.

chunky

Chunky

Looks like it could be a problem with the table. For starters, there are three columns in your first table row (only two are needed to get that left margin). The widths are 40, 95 and 475. Then the second table row starts with a column with a width of 114, rather than 40. Then I see another column in that same row with no width or colspan set (colspan wouldn’t help here, because the 114 needs to be changed).

IMO this table should be started from scratch. It’s probably at least contributing to the layout problems.

~Chell

You could try this table code:

Replace this with your buttons and left side content. Replace this with your main content.

The code above is only for the table, not anything else on the page. Remember to back up anything before working on it. Go ahead, tell me you knew all that and to shut up already- lol!

~Chell

PS- I haven’t looked up yet how to display some code on this board (maybe it can’t be), so if you use the code, put breaks in each of the two “20” width columns.

ok, i am going to try these suggestions sometime this weekend.
thank you sooo much.

and thanks for flattering me by stating that i may already know something…as you can see, i don’t

thank you for the input from all and i shall return.
chunky

Chunky

I would avoid using fixed-pixel-width tables; this reduces the adaptability of the page to different viewing situations.

– Dan