HTML form

design

Hey, and thanks in advance for any help :slight_smile:

Okey, so ive created a HTML form, and everything is fine until I get to the “submit” button, I cant seem to find out what to do to get to to register the forms results and display a new page.

Any help would be great. Thanks :slight_smile:

At this point, you have a number of choices. I recommend that you create a PHP page that the form submits to. You should be able to get some idea of what is involved from this page of the DreamHost Wiki. For a complete working example (although not very secure), is suggest you read through lesson five of my XHTML tutorial.

Simon Jessey | Keystone Websites
Save $97 on yearly plans with promo code [color=#CC0000]SCJESSEY97[/color]

Thanks for that, ill check it out. Looks pretty confusing, I dont know hardly anything about PHP, while im pretty happy with HTML, PHP is a whole new can of worms :frowning:

One of the simplest things you can do is to send the results of the form to an email address. There will be no formatting, and there is a risk of getting spammed, but it is useful for testing, etc.:

<form method="post" action="mailto:somebody@somewhere.com">You could also consider using DreamHost’s own implementation of FormMail, although I have no personal experience of using it.

Simon Jessey | Keystone Websites
Save $97 on yearly plans with promo code [color=#CC0000]SCJESSEY97[/color]