.htaccess

What is the best way to redirect from www.mmm.com to blog.mmm.com? I just installed my blog on a blog subdomain but for now I want that www send me to blog…
What’s the best way to do it? Should I hide the blog.mmm.com or is good to have a simple redirect?
thanks

Cupons:[color=#0000CC]MAO_HALFPRICE[/color] : pay only half of the price (L1 plans only) MAO97 get 97$ back

Add this line to the .htaccess file in mmm.com:
redirect 301 / http://blog.mmm.com/

You could also just set the main domain as a redirect to the blog subdomain within the DreamHost control panel.

Either way, this will redirect both www.mmm.com and mmm.com to blog.mmm.com (I’m assuming this is what you want, but if you want www.mmm.com alone to redirect, it might be trickier).

emufarmers.com
Very little to do with either emus or farmers!

Thanks.
I set from the panel that xxx.com becomes www.xxx.com.
Now I just wanted to redirect both to blog.xxx.com until I set something decent to show on the frontpage.
The redirect 301 is probably the best thing to do now.
I will do this when my site will be back online. Damn! I just paid for the hosting and right now I think downtime is more than uptime!

How addictive is to play PPirates?

Cupons:[color=#0000CC]MAO_HALFPRICE[/color] : pay only half of the price (L1 plans only) MAO97 get 97$ back

Ooops. I discovered some disadvangate on what I did.

Log files. Now I have to process two different log files… xxx.com and blog.xxx.com
Well…xxx.com should be almost empty…

Uhm… the problem with that rule is that it sends to blog even my awstats…

so www.xxx.com/awstats goes to blog.xxx.com/awstats