.htaccess, stats and wordpress

wordpress

I added the code to my .htaccess file to be able to get to my stats. The first time I tried it, it worked, but then I got my WP 404 page. Every time I load the /stats directory now, I get the WP 404 page.

I double-checked the .htaccess file and it is correct. To make sure that I didn’t screw up the line endings, I even edited and saved it in vi just to make sure.

Any ideas?

If you can post the contents of your .htaccess it will be helpful.

Ideally it should contain the following code, this should be before the Wordpress specific rewrites in the .htaccess file.

Hot Product Directory | Get Around The Net Directory

Thanks for the quick follow-up!
I just tried again. Same thing, get the user/pass box for the stats, but after entering the credentials, I get the 404 from WP

this is the contents of the file…

RewriteEngine On RewriteBase / RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/(stats|failed_auth\.html)/?(.*)$ [NC] RewriteRule ^.*$ - [L]

BEGIN WordPress

RewriteEngine On RewriteBase / RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteRule . /index.php [L]

END WordPress

Try clearing your browsers cache to see if that helps.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)