ok so im pissed off. right.

Everytime i try to add the line

Action php-cgi /cgi-bin/php.cgi

OR

Action php-cgi /cgi-bin/php-wrapper.cgi
Action php5-cgi /cgi-bin/php-wrapper.cgi

I get an internal server Error
I’m trying to get my site to load my php.ini

This is retarded because I did it successfully like a month or two ago with my other domain on the same server and everything… worked fine. This is wack!

Why so many different threads for the same problem? It seems to me that you are just blindly trying different.htaccess settings without knowing why you are having the error.

What do your error logs says for the accesses where you get the error? This is where you should start your troubleshooting!

–rlparker
–DreamHost Tech Support

Error logs, where can I check these?

From the Panel > Account Tests, nothing there. Account Test schedule, no errors found.

And yeah I guess so, I had assumed doing what I had done before for the other domain would work, but it didnt, so they i tried to follow the new wiki… regarding the creation of php-wrapper.cgi but it wont work either because of the .htaccess problem

The error logs are found within the “logs” directory for your user. Quoting from the DreamHost wiki:

[quote]" Where are the log files for my domain?

They are available via ftp in your home directory, within the directory called “logs”. The full paths will be something like:

/home/username/logs/yourdomain.com/http.#####/access.log /home/username/logs/yourdomain.com/http.#####/error.log

The italicized portions of the path above should be replaced with information relevant to you. Just look in the directory to see what ##### is.

Also note that your older logs are kept in that directory as well, and named things like access.log.1.gz. The number is how many days old they are and the .gz means they are compressed. You can uncompress them with something like WinZip or Stuffit Expander.

By default, we keep 3 days of logs, but you can change this to as many days as you’d like from the Status::Statistics tab (click the “days” link next to your domain). Any logs besides the last three days will count against your disk usage quota. "[/quote]
–rlparker
–DreamHost Tech Support