Htaccess: Internal Server Error

wordpress

ok, i had to change the htaccess and i screw it up. What to do now?!

regards, goliatone

Glad to help you out with any AS or flash related doubts.

Revert your htaccess file. You can pull the file from the .snapshot directory and overwrite the file you messed up.

See the wiki if you need more info on accessing your .snapshot directory.

-Matttail

hi matttail, tnx for the quick answer

im glad to hear about the .snapshot directory…but i have to learn about it in the wiki. Hope to find my way…

did i have to create the backup for the domains? cose i didnt…:frowning:

i dont get to see the .htaccess file in my ftp space…
regards, goliatone

The Wiki is a great resource. There’s a lot of articlies there to help you figure out how to accomplish many things. Here’s a Direct link to the backups article that tells you about the .snapshot directory.

-Matttail

ok, tnxs a ton for that direct link…saved me great time. I saw you “come up with a system for automatically backing-up domains and databases”…nice

regards, goliatone

thanks, it’s not a bad system. I was thinking that I should add onto that article for people who run linux instead of windows. It’s a good idea to keep off site backups of your data, and with this system you don’t have to think about it - it all happens automatically.

-Matttail

well, i guess that the key thing is:
"…with this system you don’t have to think about it - it all happens automatically."

do you have any idea how to see the .htaccess file? is it hidden?

regards, goliatone

well, basically you have to tell your FTP program to list hidden files. This differs for each client. You can also log into the webftp.dreamhost.com system where hidden files are listed by default.

-Matttail

ok, before i read your post i was traying to make my ws_ftp pro client to list hidden files…i also was thinking about the web ftp, but again, your link was helpful.

i just saw the error…in the same domain, theres a wordpress blog installed. The blog already had a .htaccess file, but within its own directory. So, i did place an other .htacces on the domain root folder, thus having two htaccess and crashing the whole thing down.

tnxs for your time, patience, and help!

regards, goliatone