.htaccess file not working

Hi,

I followed the instructions on the following page to try and get my pipsqueakfilms.com site to redirect to pipsqueakfilms.com/home, but it did not work.

I contacted an admin on dreamhost via chat who said the file looked good but suggested i add 2 additional lines to the file. i tried that, still no go. can anyone tell me what i need to do to get this to work?

thanks!

here’s my .htaccess file.

Options -Indexes +FollowSymlinks
RewriteEngine on
RewriteBase /

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/home/

Don’t apply to URLs that go to existing files or folders

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d

Rewrite all those to insert /folder

RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /home/$1 [L]

Don’t apply to URLs that go to existing files or folders

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d

If the issue is that your entire site resides within /home, then I suggest that you a) move everything up one directory, or b) use the panel to Edit your Fully Hosted Domain to use /home as its web directory.

so, here’s the deal. something i twiddled at some point a couple of weeks ago got pipsqueakfilms.com to redirect to pipsqueakfilms.com/home. honestly, i have no idea what. i had fiddled with a several things (including changing my we directory) but everything ended up breaking both the website and the admin page for my wordpress. but when i went again today, it stopped redirecting. i have not changed anything on the site for over a week! now i’m confused.

please note that the site under /home is a wordpress website. i’ve tried chatting with tech support twice and i have gotten different explanations, none of which seems to feel quite right. the last person told me that because i used one-click setup that i couldn’t redirect the site and that i needed to reinstall the wordpress using the more compliacted method. i don’t want to lose my work, and since even when i change a tiny thing on the panel or the admin page of wordpress everything seems to go down, i don’t want to do anything risky. i don’t understand why .htaccess doesn’t work. i followed instructions on the wiki exactly.

anyone??

I’m looking for the same answer. When I went to the wiki last month and followed the directions, my .htaccess worked just fine. My site redirected to my Wordpress directory without a hitch. Then today I tried it and got the “coming soon!” page. I don’t understand why it stopped working either, as I’ve changed nothing in the panel at all since I added the redirect.