.htaccess AuthUserFile and AuthGroupFile

Your help would be much appreciated. When I transferred my Joomla site to Dreamhost a year ago, I did not make changes to my .htaccess file. While looking at the file today, I noticed the following (below in BOLD, but I included more lines in case someone would need to see them):

AuthName mywebsitename.com
AuthUserFile /home/myusername/public_html/_vti_pvt/service.pwd
AuthGroupFile /home/myusername/public_html/_vti_pvt/service.grp

[code]
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/(stats|failed_auth.html).*$ [NC]
RewriteRule . - [L]

RewriteEngine on

-FrontPage-

IndexIgnore .htaccess /.?? *~ *# /HEADER /README /_vti

#The next line modified by DenyIP order allow,deny #The next line modified by DenyIP #deny from all allow from all order deny,allow deny from all AuthName mywebsitename.com AuthUserFile /home/myusername/public_html/_vti_pvt/service.pwd AuthGroupFile /home/myusername/public_html/_vti_pvt/service.grp

<Files 403.shtml>
order allow,deny
allow from all

default Joomla

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/index.php
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (/|.php|.html|.htm|.feed|.pdf|.raw|/[^.])$ [NC]
RewriteRule (.
) index.php
RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization},L]

############### upload size maximum size of 2 meg

LimitRequestBody 2097152

############### END of upload size maximum size

#
#php_flag register_globals off
#

AddType application/x-httpd-php52 .php

[/code]

The AuthUserFile and AuthGroupFile paths do not exist on my DH account. Also, the files refer to myusername which no longer exists. My question is:

Are these lines/files important? I do not know why they are there. The files refer to Frontpage, but I do not know what Frontpage is or if it is something needed by Joomla. Does anyone know why those lines are there and if I need them?

I am concerned that there may be a security issue. Additionally, if you happen to notice anything out of sorts, your guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you so much for your help!

Those lines are specific to Microsoft FrontPage Server Extensions, which has been obsolete since around 2006. They do not affect the security of your site in any way - you can safely remove them.

Thank you for your time and reply, Andrew F