I was trying to follow the wiki page myself. There was an error in the code for “php-update.sh”. The 7th line on the page was:
The 10th (last) line was:
The last character of the 7th line and the first character of the 10th line was a ` character. (This is the character on the ~ key of your keyboard.) Instead it should be a ’ character (on the " key).
So the lines should be:
I have updated the wiki page to reflect this change. Make this change to your php-update.sh file and try again.
There is another mistake that I think I found on the wiki page related to the crontab command, but since I have no experience with crontab, I am hesitant to change it without some testing. To read about this issue, check out the discussion page on the wiki. I am doing some testing now. If it works I’ll edit that part of the wiki page as well, if someone else hasn’t changed it first.