How to re direct

I’ve done some searching but most of the solutions didnt seem to do anything for me. So here’s the situation:

I would like to make it so that if anybody types in www.702forums.com it will direct them to my forums which is already set up at www.702forums.com/phpbb

I tried the domain>edit>redirect but it says cannot redirect to itselft. so I went back to domain>edit>changed the specify web directory but nothing happened.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

You could move all files from the php directory into the main domain folder, keeping all structures and then editing the configuration and database entries to reflect the new base path.

Or, create a .htaccess file in www.702forums.com containing:

redirect 301 /index.php http://www.702forums.com/phpbb/index.php

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

nice thank you very much.

FYI, an easy way to do this is via DH panel --> Domains --> Manage Domains --> Web Hosting --> Edit --> Redirect.

$50 off and 3 free domains with code: [color=#CC0000]DH3[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes Here

You can’t redirect a domain to itself :s

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

That is right. If you want to redirect a domain to itself, basically you are remapping its directory.

For example, if you want to redirect domain.com to domain.com/phpbb, you should the root directory of the domain to /home/user/domain.com/phpbb.

$50 off and 3 free domains with code: [color=#CC0000]DH3[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes Here