How to manage files I have uploaded?

New to DreamHost, refugee from another host where I used cPanel as a file manager. I uploaded a file to DH last week, but now I can’t figure out how to see my file(s) using the available tools. What am I missing?

Hey there!

Welcome to DreamHost!! You can see what you’ve uploaded right from your panel! Head to your Manage Domains page and click the “FTP” link under your domain. From there, you can use the login info we sent you when you set up your FTP.

If I’ve misunderstood, or if there’s anything else I can help you with, just let me know! I’ll be happy to help. :slight_smile:

Thanks, that seems to work.

I, too, am brand new to Dreamhost. I have installed WordPress in a subfolder (/public). When I click FTP from Manage Domains, I can see two additional folders - logs/ and Maildir/. Neither of these take me to my core WordPress files and structure. Am I missing something? I am used to a bone fide File Manager accessed from cPanel. Please advise, and thank you.

Should have maybe created your own thread since your topic has absolutly nothing to do with the random thread to which you appended it.

you will be much happier with one of the many free ftp clients. http://wiki.dreamhost.com/FTP#FTP_Client_Software

Yes, I tried a different FTP client and everything worked as expected.