How to install pastebin system?

hi,everybody, i want install a system like http://pastebin.com.
and this website supply source code to this site,so i download it and upfile to my service.
but i don’t konw how to set in php.ini
anybody could help me please?
and, here is the source code:http://pastebin.com/pastebin.tar.gz

Goodness, why would you want to recreate something that already exists? :smiley:

If you want to try and install it just follow the INSTALL details.

Where did you get the idea that you set up ’ in php.ini’?

The words php.ini are never mentioned in the INSTALL. The entries normally go in an Apache server configuration file, or as in this case in an .htaccess file.

However I think you may have a problem setting up a wildcard DNS entry for instant private pastebins on sub-domains.

Try running it as is using ‘flat file’ instead of MySQL and see what happens. :slight_smile:

Good Luck.

Norm

Opinions are my own views, not DreamHosts’.
I am NOT a DreamHost employee OK!! :@

You act on my advice at your own risk!

Icyleaf,

Norm1037 is right; you don’t have to mess with that, as DreamHost has already done it for you.

What will be an issue is the include path (you will need to set that yourself). :wink:

Alternately, you might try this tweaked version of pastebin that is running on DreamHost (I suspect this author has restructured the code to avoid having to change the php include path).

–rlparker

thank for repling:)

@norm1037
set up ’ in php.ini is one of step in this system’s INSTALL details T_____T

i just want to test with this system to improve my ability. (^___^)

Actually, per the instructions:

"Installation

The tarball contains two main directories. You’ll need a virtual host
set up something like this

<VirtualHost *>
DocumentRoot /path/to/pastebin/public_html
ServerName your.domain.name.com

php_value include_path .:/path/to/pastebin/lib
php_value register_globals off
DirectoryIndex pastebin.php
RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule /([a-z0-9]+) /pastebin.php?show=$1

"

This is not done in php.ini (though you could set the php_value settings that way). On DreamHost, if you use PHP5, the register globals are already set to off, but the include_path is not set correctly.

As I said, you can set it yourself via php.ini, or you can do as the instructions say further down the page:

"You can, if you wish, simply copy the contents of the lib directory into the same directory as pastebin.php … "

As you cannot write to the default php_include dir, this might be the way to go if you don’t want to re-configure your php.ini. Note that the suggestion, "“The main element here is to ensure that the lib directory is on the search path. You could alternatively place your settings in an .htaccess file if you wish,” will not work on DreamHost’s PHP-CGI installation (that will work only with mod_php).

–rlparker

Ooooooooh,i miss the words below its :frowning:

Very Thank you with my heart.

You are welcome and good luck! :slight_smile:

–rlparker