How to delete or move a wiki one-click install?

I wanted to play with a wiki, but after installing it, I decided that the database configuration needed rearranging.

What would be the best method of splitting the wiki tables from a pre-existing database?

I would have no issue with nuking the tables and deleting the wiki directory to allow for a fresh install, but I’m unsure if that’s kosher.

Is there a standardized way of removing or rearranging a wiki setup? Or is nuking in order?

-JPB

Start by reading through the help file for phpmyadmin. See if that can help. It is possible to delete the tables without deleting the database. I recommend that you learn a language such as php so you can write a small routine that can do exacly what your asking. If all else fails go a head delete what you need to and reinstall.
Silk

OK, thanks.

I just wanted to be sure that simply dropping the tables and killing the wiki directory wouldn’t wind up orphaning anything system-related that would interfere with a reinstall.

-JPB

What about moving a wiki without changing the content? Can I just copy all the files via FTP? Will copying the files install it or do I need to do One-Click Install first? Will it still point to the right DB (on a different user) or will the DB need to be moved somehow?

Alec Usticke
alec@usticke.org
www.usticke.org
DreamHost referral