How to adding PHP code to an HTML site?

I wonder does anybody can help me on how to add PHP code to an HTML site, since I can’t see any topic on this in the forum.

My intention is to add this code:
< !–#include virtual="/rssfeeds.php" – >

to my page at with rssfeeds.php files in the same folder

But it didn’t work. It seems that I have to add some instructions in your website’s .htaccess file. So what I must do in order to work? Please explain me in step by step detail, since I’m not geek enough:)

Do I need to use a program like putty.exe? If yes, how to do it?

Kusuma Widjaja

All you you would need to is insert this into the HTML page.

<?php include (filename.ext) ?> Then make sure that you save your page as a .php page. Without this extension, the php code will not be rendered, and the file will not be included.

I’d give my right arm to be ambidexterous!

I’m guessing that’s his problem? Rather than editing lots of html files to now read php, he wants to just include a few php things?

Try reading this

The code you posted will look for rssfeeds.php in the root directory of your site. If the file is actually in /buynewcar, change the path:

<!--#include virtual="/buynewcar/rssfeeds.php"--> You also seem to be using a .html file extension. SSI, by default, uses the extension .shtml. If you want SSI to work on .html pages, you need to add the following to /.htaccess:

AddHandler server-parsed .html (this assumes you aren’t already using SSI elsewhere and haven’t already done this)

If you want useful replies, ask smart questions.