How often does the panel update disk usage?

I had a shock today that I had 10% of my disk space left. I’ve been cleaning out some old stuff, but I can’t tell how much I’ve freed up. How often does the panel update? Is there any other way I can find my disk usage? net2ftp times out when I try to see the space.

Have you ever used “du” from the command line? Man it if you need the full parameter list. I used “du -h -s *” to give me subtotals by each direct subdirectory of the directory I’m in (and -h for “human readable”).

I’ve never used it for checking my closeness to my plan limits, but you should note that it will list the size regardless of user and I think the dhapache files are not counted against you.

BTW, regarding how often the monitoring runs, I remember reading that it ran daily, but I’d swear that it runs less often that that.

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

The panel is supposed to update once a day.

I would also reccomend a k flag, on the same command posted above.

du -hsk .

-k sets the block size to 1K, should make the results easier to read. I also used “.” at the end instead of *, it should give the same result, but “.” is perhaps more appropriate to the environment.

–Matttail
art.googlies.net - personal website

-k will override -h, so whichever you find easier to read!

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options