How long?

How long does it usually take when you sign up with PayPal and transfer a domain?

For your account to be activated and your domain to be transfered.

This depends on a number of factors. Account approval can take anywhere from 2 minutes to a few days depending on the method of payment, your location, etc. Domain transfer can be held up by your current registrar. If you mean that you are just transferring nameservers, that can be anywhere from 3 minutes to 3 days.

Simon’s website
Save $100 on 1-year plans with promo code [color=#CC0000]SCJESSEY100[/color] (details)

I am currently transferring my domain from my old hosts and it is unlocked and ready for transfer however I have no control over the name servers so I’ll have to wait for it to be transfered before I can change them and I am paying by PayPal.

it really depends.

I paid using paypal when I signed up. I got it activated within 3 dyas.

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost plans by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color].

account activation can take a couple of minutes or a couple of days, how you pay will not guarantee a fast activation. the time to transfer the domain will mostly depend on how fast your other registrar responds.

Pay just [color=#CC0000]$22.40[/color] for 1 year Dreamhost hosting, use promo-code [color=#CC0000]MOJO97[/color]
Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] on all 1 and 2 year plans!! (Max saving on monthly plans too!!)