How long to take to activate the account?

Hi,

I have made the payment yesterday with credit card, and waited for 1 business day, but the account is still “currently pending approval”.

Any idea?

Best regards,
Martin Lam

Hi Martin :slight_smile:

The time required for account approval varies quite a bit, some are approved almost instantly, while others take a few days.

If your account hasn’t been approved within a few days I would suggest lodging a support request via the panel inquiring as to the status of your application.

You can log-in to the panel using the email address and password that you specified during the sign-up process.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

Thank you Mark!

And I think DH should improve on this, and make it be more predictable. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Martin Lam

No problem Martin, you are more than welcome. :slight_smile:

I hope the process all goes smoothly for you, be sure to come back and let us know how things went.

Edit:

As do I.

I imagine the ‘automated fraud detection system’ has a lot to do with the delays. I guess some applications are automatically approved, while others are flagged for manual approval. I have no idea what aspects of an application cause this to happen, but I do understand the frustration of new customers, who are obviously keen to get started as soon as possible.

Good luck.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

I agree. We do not like to wait after we make payment :stuck_out_tongue: It will be great if DH is able to improve on this.

All we know is as mark mentioned. DH is very careful with credit card fraud. Hope there will be a better solution for this.

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost plans by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color]. Sign Up NOW

In my case, I paid with Google Checkout. It should be more a responsibility for the payment engine (like Google Checkout) to do the fraud detection, not DH’s.

As I observed, Google Checkout is not doing the job very well. For my VISA, there should be a security password requests me to approve the online payment on my side, but Google Checkout did not prompt me for that.

A suggestion from me:

Just open the account immediately after the payment was made through a reliable payment engine (like PayPal?).

If there is any fraud detected later (may be 1 or 2 days later), just close the account immediately. I believe fraud of this kind is not common, because the one who does this has not much to gain.

Best regards,
Martin Lam

I recall a DreamHost rep saying on the forums that it sometimes takes 3 days for Google to notify them of payment. :frowning:

I believe the biggest problem when it comes to hosting accounts are spammers looking for $0 temporary accounts. I imagine they can move a fair bit of spam in the time it takes to discover the fraud and close the account.

Mark

Hi Again Mark,

Now I understand more the situation DH is facing. Thank you!

Best regards,
Martin Lam

Hi all,

The problem solved. Thank you all for your kindly helps!

I wrote to the support team, and they immediately handled my case for me. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Martin Lam

Excellent, I am glad support sorted things out quickly for you.

Welcome to DreamHost. :slight_smile:

Mark

welcome to DH.

sometimes we need to remind DH. I think they are always busy with the applications.

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost plans by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color]. Sign Up NOW

They’re probably trying to grok the new promo codes.

Wholly - IS NOT MY PROMO CODE. Even worse, I don’t get any credit for it. Use WhollyMindless for full credit. I’m really disappointed in someone.