How long to activate?

I bought a hosting account at the end of last week and it is still not registered. How long is the usual period that it takes to register an account?

Thanks

It was on WE ?
We are still on monday :wink:

Usually it’s fast IF it’s within open hours and averything is provided.

Get [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] Off with promo code :[color=#CC0000]97USA[/color] :cool: -->choose your plan (promo code included)

This seems to be something that no set time can be given for.

I signed up initially on a Sunday (paid with paypal) and everything was active within an hour.

Some people have had delays signing up with cheque, paypal can sometimes take time to transfer funds. Also sometimes people have ran in to an antifraud system DH seem to have for credit card payments.

In other words there is no set time it depends on circumstances. Contactimg dreamhost may be the best solution.

$97 DISCOUNT [color=#CC0000]DISCOM97[/color], Double bandwidth or disk [color=#CC0000]DISCOMX2BW[/color] or [color=#CC0000]DISCOMX2SPACE[/color] (worth $119.40 per year). More codes

It’s somewhat repetitious, but I’ll quote my summary from another thread:

[quote]1. Did you register from outside the U.S.?
2. Did you pay using Google Checkout?
3. Did the contact information you give DreamHost not match the billing information on your form of payment?

This is just a customer-to-customer forum, but we have two or three people here a week asking why their account is still pending. Anecdotal evidence is that depending on the answers to the above questions, the activation of your account could take anywhere from 3-10 business days. There’s also the possibility that your application will be flagged by the fraud detection system and you won’t be able to get an account (but you will get your money back). I don’t want to scare you but I do want to give you all the information that I can given that we just repeat back what we’ve heard from other customers.

Good luck. You can always submit a support query via the panel. You’ll hear back from the approval department in a few days.[/quote]
Free unique IP and $67 off with code [color=#CC0000]LMIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Click for other Dreamhost coupons / promo codes

Are you using credit card ? There is some report that it gets approved for about two weeks. But if not bothering you, contact the support again and again to check on your registration status.

Dino
Get YOUR $97 off on yearly plan with [color=#CC0000]YOUGET97 [/color] promo code. Sign Up NOW

Is that really true? I’ve always thought that if it let you use a credit card directly, that as long as your billing address matched your DreamHost address, it worked out fast.

Free unique IP and $67 off with code [color=#CC0000]LMIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Click for other Dreamhost coupons / promo codes

Lensman, actually I have to correct my answer. It’s not by using credit card directly, but it is payment via google check out that takes almost two weeks. One of my client experienced it :slight_smile:

Sorry for the wrong info !

Dino
Get YOUR $97 off on yearly plan with [color=#CC0000]YOUGET97 [/color] promo code. Sign Up NOW

Hi Dino!

No need to apologize, but thanks for the correction!