How long should account approval take?

Hi,

I signed up for a new account and the payment went through 6 days ago (11/6) using Google Checkout.

As of today, my account is still unapproved (i.e. I can’t do anything yet). I sent a customer request about it yesterday and it’s been more than 30 hours since the ticket was assigned to somebody. No email since the automatic ticket robot.

The town’s not burning, but such delays are worrying me a bit for what’s to come. Is this normal, or is there a hiccup somewhere?

I had a problem like this when I first signed up using Google Checkout. Has your credit card been billed? Mine wasn’t billed by Google… It was a major pain. I finally got it sorted out with DH… If the payment actually went through, then Google must have not sent the money to DH for some reason… I think that DH should get rid of the Google Checkout option, but that’s just me.

Yeah, they billed my card the next day (11/7) and that went through without a problem.
Thanks for the tidbit though :confused:

Are you outside the United States? The extra fraud protection checks that run take extra long.

Today is also a U.S. bank holiday.

Free unique IP and $67 off with code [color=#CC0000]LMIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Click for other Dreamhost coupons / promo codes

Nope, I’m in the US. Also the payment went through in the first half of last week, so banking should not be involved…

Hmmm. Did you use your credit card billing address as your account address of record?

Free unique IP and $67 off with code [color=#CC0000]LMIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Click for other Dreamhost coupons / promo codes

Yes, they match.

Well, it sounds like you’ve done all the right things. I guess when those accountants get in tomorrow at 9am they’ll be able to look into things for you. I have the feeling that even though tech support is a 24x7 operation, the same cannot be said for the accounting department.

Still waiting… Thanks for your help anyways. :slight_smile: