I'm certainly not a newbie to the 'net, so I do understand that it can take a couple days for DNS to propogate for a new domain, but what I ran into last night and this morning seems strange.
Last night, I registered a new domain name, TheGovernorsHOA.com, through RegisterFly.com. I set the DNS servers for the domain to point to the three standard Dreamhost DNS servers. After about 15 minutes, I was able to access the site without issue. I created a database, loaded Joomla, configured everything, added content, and basically completed the site work within a couple hours. The entire time, I could access the domain without issue. Now, this morning, both at home and at work, I cannot access the site. It fails a DNS lookup. I know this is probably just a propogation issue, so I'm not concerned, but it strikes me as odd that I would have complete access last night, but none this morning.
The 'net can be a strange thing...