How long for DH to activate my account?

Hi,

Just signed up. Can you please tell me how long I have to wait before you enable my account?

Thanks.

The time for approval varies depending on the payment method, credit card payments can be approved in as little as 12 hours, if the payment was by Google Checkout, it can take up to 4 days before the account is approved. Dreamhost have stated in the past that it takes Google up to 3 days to notify Dreamhost of a payment that has been made.

Welcome to Dreamhost, hopefully they will have your account up and running sooner rather than later.

Web Hosting Review | Get Around The Net Directory

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately there is no other option if I want to pay by CC than through Google. I can understand 1 day. But 4 days seem awfully long to me.

It does seem a long time to me as well, last I heard Dreamhost put the blame regarding the payment delay on Google, if Google take 3 days to confirm payments through their checkout system, they need to do more work or their checkout system will fail to grow.

How true this is, is anyone’s guess, Dreamhost say Google is the problem, but I do find that hard to believe. What’s the point of a checkout system if payments take up to 72 hours to be processed.

Web Hosting Review | Get Around The Net Directory

It happens due to the fraud detection system that Google has in place (not even related to DH). You could always ask Google themselves, if you don’t believe it :slight_smile:

I registered less than a week ago. I also do not have other options than Goggle Checkout. I get the receipt from Goggle checkout as well as DH immediately but my account do not activate. I had send a support and the support reply and activate my accounts in working hour of next day (which is Sunday). I had only waited for less than 24 hours. You can try send a support ticket and see if they can help you activate sooner.

Use Promo Code [color=#CC0000]FULL_97_OFF[/color] to host 1 year for $22.4 ; [color=#CC0000]LIFE_IP_67_OFF[/color] to host 2 year with lifetime unique IP for $123.8