How long for a new acct/domain to be active?

It’s been over 20 hours since I signed up for a domain and hosting plan. I received the initial user/password email. But my account has remained in “Pending” status ever since.

I really need to get my site uploaded and prepped for a presentation tomorrow.

Is there anything I can do to expedite the activation of my account?

I gave up and decided to cancel my account. Now their website doesn’t even work right. I get “Error communicating with server!” error when I try to cancel.

What a horrible business to deal with!

One would think you would have contacted the support people about this before you cancelled. You should certainly have shown a modicum of patience, expecting to set up and establish a domain in one day. It would take 24 to 72 hours just to propagate the site after uploading to your new domain. You need to be a little more realistic about your expectations.

Hi Gene,

I have a similar problem of Jeff, but with a little bit more time… I just subscribed a new dream host account (hosting + domain) 6 days ago, I paid my count, but my status in “Manage Account” is already “pending”, and I haven’t possibility to manage anything on my control panel. Just ask to you if is correct, and how many times I need to attend more? If you think this situation is wrong, could you control what are happening?

Below some account’s iformation:
Account: Benedetto’s Account (#1248465)
Hosting Plan: Special… (Registration or Dedicated!)
Domains Hosted: 0 plus 0 subdomains --> I remember to have choose a new domain when I subscribed my hosting plan, also because the hosting plan include a domain… And more, when I try to add a new domain in “Manage Account” area, appear the follow string of character “Can’t call method “name” on an undefined value at /usr/local/lib/site_perl/Ndn/Dhwebpanel/Billing/Account.pm line 1223.”

I need help
thanks
regards
Ben

I don’t work here, so you have to take it up with the support people.