How is DH for hosting a vB forum?

Hi there…I’m currently with another host and my vB forum runs VERY slow…pages take anywhere from 7-14 seconds to open or reply to. I tried to get them to change me to another server which I know is faster but they’re giving me a lot of problems with that…my bro is with the same host but on a different server then I am and we put a vB forum up on his account and it takes about 1-3 seconds to open or post a reply. Server load on his was anywhere from 0.4 to 1.0…while mine ranges from 7 - 24!!!

Are DH’s servers pretty quick for forums…vB in particular? Or are there some slow DH servers too? Does DH move you to another server if you’re not happy with the one you’re on now?

DreamHost servers are fast enough but if you are hosting a rather large forum you might be asked to move to a dedicated if you hog server resources.

digitalrundown.com
Promo Code: WJD97 - $97.00 off any new DreamHost plan (except month-month payments).

BTW, using punBB is a lot lighter

Get [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] Off with promo code :[color=#6600CC]97USD[/color] :cool: use “moua” as referrer