How install dictionary to aspell

i have install aspell 0.60.3 and recompile my php and add the pspell support, but i dont know how install dictionary to aspell, can help me?

when use
cd aspell-es-0.50-2
./configure
make
make install
make clean
cd …

i get this error
cannot create regular file ‘usr/lib/aspell 0.60/spanish.alias’ :permision denied

cannot create regular file ‘usr/lib/aspell 0.60/es.rws’ :permision dened

etc

I guess we do not have the right to access /url folder in a shared server.

If you can’t install in /home folder, you may be able to install in DH then :frowning:

More code here Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) with [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color] SignUp NOW

a reply of dh support
Yeah, that’s a standard permissions issue. When you run that ./configure
you’ll need to specify a directory that your user owns. So you’d do
something like:

./configure --prefix=/home/frony/aspell

That way when everything gets compiled, the files will be copied to
/home/frony/aspell instead of /usr/lib (which is not owned by your user).
Just let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with!

Thanks!

Craig

but dont understand

Basically, support is telling you that your user does not have the required permissions to compile/install the package where you are trying to compile/install it, you will need to specify a path to a directory where you do have the required permissions.

The wiki article linked below may be of interest to you…

http://www.wiki.dreamhost.com/index.php/Aspell

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

thanks this mean is
it is like installing a program outside the folder program files in Windows what there is to do?

Well, to simplify, you are sharing your server with potentially hundreds of other users, if all users had the ability to compile and/or install packages anywhere in the file system, it would soon become chaotic and I doubt things would work for very long.

For this reason, your user only has WRITE permissions inside your home-directory, any packages you install must be installed somewhere within your users home-directory.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

ok but how install in my local folder?
i use ./configure --vars var1=home/frony/aspell-en0.60.
make
make install
but appear the same error of first post what i change for work?
thanks

I am not familiar with the procedure for installing dictionaries for aspell, but have you tried…

./configure --prefix=/home/frony/aspell-en0.60.3

As recommended by DreamHost support?

Mark