How does starting up work?

I’ve always done my own hosting through a business DSL. Looking to get professional shared hosting, DreamHost looks like the service for me. I’m a bit nervous about the transition. I’d like to move mail, web and domain over, but I’d like to stagger it just to be able to test each step.

When I transfer my domain, is it easy to keep pointing the A records where they are now? That way, I can set up a test subdomain to debug any web and e-mail things and document the changes for my users without any impact until I flip the switch to move the web and finally the e-mail.

Thanks for any insights.

Tips : change your A record manually on your computer (edit hosts).
So you can see if everything goes right.

Get [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] Off with promo code :[color=#CC0000]97USA[/color] :cool: -->choose your plan (promo code included)

Alternatively, you can just set up a subdomain A record at your current nameserver provider.

Free unique IP and $67 off with code [color=#CC0000]LMIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Click for more promo code discounts

Agreed. Although, with all of the tools provided with Dreamhost controls, you have access to almost every option available as if you owned the server. I think you will be pleased.

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] on all plans by using promo code: SRVR97. More Here

Actually, my latest theory is that a subdomain NS record might be the easiest solution. I’ll have to test this out and get back with the results!

Free unique IP and $67 off with code [color=#CC0000]LMIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Click for more promo code discounts