How does DreamHost process credit cards?

Hello,

I was wondering what provider DreamHost uses to process credit cards and store the credit card data. I have an account and noticed that they’re able to keep the credit card data on file. I’m wondering how they do this securely.

Thanks,
Chris

As this is a “customer-to-customer” forum, we’d probably just be guessing. :wink: That would be a good question to pose directly to support, as they’d most likely have the “real scoop”.

They have talked a bit about their credit card handling on their blog (last year) in this post and a previous post linked to in that one. You might find some of that interesting.

–rlparker

When processed by google checkout, it’s google security.

When processed by Dreamhost, it’s ninja security
http://wiki.dreamhost.com/index.php/116_Common_Questions (# 94). :wink:

Get [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] Off with promo code :[color=#CC0000]97USA[/color] :cool: -->choose your plan (promo code included)

as rlparker mentioned, we can only guess because we are also customers. You may want to file a ticket to DH support for better clarification.

However, you can remove your credit card info via DH panel --> Billing --> Make Payment --> Remove this card

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) with [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color] Save [color=#CC0000]$82[/color] get lifetime domain with [color=#CC0000]82CRAZY[/color] Sign Up NOW

if you do that you have to make sure you make the required payment to your account using CC or paypal before your renewal date.

Pay just [color=#CC0000]$22.40[/color] for 1 year Dreamhost hosting, use promo-code [color=#CC0000]MOJO97[/color]
Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] on all 1 and 2 year plans!! (Max saving on monthly plans too!!)

i hope our credit card information is secure. I always check my statements to ensure there is no theft.