How do you rename a database?

Hey there, I am new to this place, just started using Dream Host too… loving it so far… I was stumbling around and I accidently made a typo on my database name. I fail to find an option to change that name :s

Even if I could delete it and make a new one, either way is fine. Thanks in advance, ask me any questions if you need to!

Don’t mind me!

You’ll just have to create a new database, then delete the old one. If you have content you need to move from the new database to the old, see the wiki article called ‘migrate mysql’.

–Matttail
art.googlies.net - personal website

How do I delete the old one though? I don’t know how :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for your help.

Oh nevermind, I looked again and noticed something at the bottom of the page. I must admit the control panel is a little confusing and poorly structured… but i’ll get used to it.

For others having trouble deleting MySQL databases, you can find the delete button at Goodies -> Manage MySQL, then click the small Delete button next to the relevant database.

You will, before too long navigating the panel will seem completely natural :slight_smile:

I have to agree that having the Manage MySQL page under Goodies is a little strange, perhaps DreamHost need to create a separate section devoted to MySQL activities.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )