How Do You Do That?!

As I’m reading through the messages, I’ve adjusted my browser a couple times and realized that the page/post follows the size and NEVER has that annoying slide bar on the bottom. What’s the trick?! I would LOVE to be able to “wrap” text to the size of the viewer’s browser when they go to my pages. I’ve been tinkering with pages for some time, learning as I go, but this nifty little thing amazed me! How how how?! Tell me please?!

Okay, I think I know what you’re talking about but you’re not all that clear. Are you talking about wrapping text in a textbox, such as the ones you and I use to type our messages in?

Most browsers I’ve seen do this by default without adding any special attributes to the HTML. Netscape 4.xx on Windows at least doesn’t do this unless wrap=“soft” is in the textarea tag, and that tag is not a compliant W3C HTML element, BTW.

I was looking at the source, but it was confusing to me. But thank you for the information!

Hi LeDeQui,

I guess you must be using some kind of WYSIWYG tools like FrontPage or DreamWeaver; if you write your own HTML (using a Notepad like me), the default width should be 100% (not absolute values in pixels). It might be a bit confusing at first, but most people could learn the basics in days (if not hours). Good luck!