How do you contact dreamhost directly?

I need to know how to contact dreamhost regarding my issues. I feel like they are hiding behind the contact form, which is unacceptable. If anyone has a direct email to upper management or a telephone number that would be greatly appreciated.

I can only refer you to this thread, which merely repeats what has been written in other threads about how all dreamhost support is email based (or is via the support section of your control panel).

I know this isn’t a satisfying answer, but I suspect it’s the only one you’re going to get.

I doubt your issues are something that can be addressed in these customer-to-customer forums, but if you post your question in the appropriate forum, there’s always the chance that someone may have some insight based on their own experience/knowledge/wisdom.

BTW, I personally don’t think Dreamhost hides behind their contact form or email. Those are just efficient means of communication and the contact form, as we all well know, is a tried and true anti-spam feature.

What are [color=#CC0000]50DISK50[/color], [color=#CC0000]3DOM50[/color], and [color=#CC0000]1IP1DOM50[/color]?
More Dreamhost coupons

You can walk to their front desk in la brea… and ask for the honchos…

Yeah… right… I think that if it’s stated that they provide no phone support (well, you can add to your plan, via callback) all comunications are expected to be via mail or contact form.

By the way I have callbacks on 2 plans and guess what, I don’t live in the US, so I can’t use them, but my client in his time chosee that plan… the mail support has been very good in my personal case, I suggest to calm down and write a good mail and if neccesary take out frustrations there.

Regards.

use VIC3M to get 50USD discount on all plans +10% on storage and bandwith, VICM3 to get the maximum disscount on sign up.

I’m not sure what your “issues” are, but in most cases you will find helpful advice if you ask questions on this forum. I’ve been hosted by DreamHost for years, and even during the most catastrophic of incidents (FTP hack) I was very satisfied by the help I received in this forum, and by talking to the DreamHost team through the control panel ticket system.

To be frank, telephone support is becoming increasingly unusual in services like this. The panel ticket system is intelligent enough to send queries to the right people, and most issues get resolved quickly.

si-blog
Max discount on any plan with promocode SCJESSEYTOTAL

If you feel they are “hiding”, then don’t do business with them and go to a company that is not “hiding” (but at the same time also charging more for similar services). If you are not satisfied with email and the web panel for resolving your issues, too bad – Just because /you/ feel entitled to talk directly to “upper management” or tie up a tech on the phone for hours, it doesn’t mean that the rest of us should have to pay for that.
If you want that kind of service, look elsewhere.

The contact form is quite acceptable. Responses arrive in a timely manner. If they don’t, well, as said, DH is not for everybody, nor should it be. :slight_smile:

Ok, first of all, if you don’t have an answer to what I was asking for then don’t respond. I don’t need you trying to “teach me a lesson”. I’ve been with DH for a number of years and recently things have gotten worse. And I’m sorry to tell you this, but anytime you do business with someone, then you are entitled, period. Perhaps one of the reasons they can offer shitty service is because of complacent customers like you that sit and wait for them to foo you over again.

I’m afraid that simply isn’t the case. DreamHost is not required by any kind of federal or state law to offer telephone support. They offer a sophisticated panel-based ticketing system for resolving issues that is more than sufficient. As someone who has “been with DH for a number of years” you should know how the company does business.

Thus far, you have failed to elucidate your “issues” in this forum and so your fellow DreamHosters have no way to offer you assistance. Please explain what the problem is so that we can try to help you.

si-blog

It is not up to the members of this forum to determine if my issues are important to warrant that level of contact. I asked for information; not advice and not a wagging finger. Some of that information has been provided.

I apologize for responding but given that you’ve attacked everyone with this statement I feel obligated to assert that I’d never describe the set of fine individuals who’ve responded to your post as “complacent”. I’d call them pro-active or even activists on behalf of themselves, their customers, and even others here on this board. Every person you see responding on this board takes of their own time to help each other and to help perfect strangers who come here asking for advice (mostly politely and without insults, but sometimes even the haters).

I don’t know your situation and so I won’t comment, but I do have a theory. I don’t think you’d be receptive to it so I’ll stay quiet unless you want to hear it. (from your post I’m guessing that it isn’t a good time for it)

I would ask that you refrain from lashing out to those who’ve merely tried to convey to you their understanding of the situation - you should feel free to respond politely and directly, but I think namecalling goes over the line.

But it’s not like I’m a moderator or anything so you can do and say whatever you please, I suppose. :slight_smile:

Good luck with your situation, though.

What are [color=#CC0000]50DISK50[/color], [color=#CC0000]3DOM50[/color], and [color=#CC0000]1IP1DOM50[/color]?
More Dreamhost coupons

How extremely rude of you. I have done my best to offer you sensible and constructive advice, and your response is a slap in the face. If you don’t actually state what your “issues” are (apart from whining about the lack of a phone number) we cannot offer any help beyond what has already been volunteered.

“That level of contact” is not available to any DreamHost customers, and since no phone number is published it should be tacitly understood by anyone who signs up for the service.

si-blog

This attitude is EXACTLY the reason why I’m glad that DreamHost doesn’t have any easy way for people to assert their sense of entitlement when they feel inspired to discuss their “issues”.

You are “entitled” to do business with anyone you want, and host with whomever you choose.

You are “entitled” to add “callback” tech support services to your hosting plan (at additional cost).

You are “entitled” to your opinion.

You are also “entitled” to make a fool of yourself by demonstrating your ignorance with ignorant statements.

–rlparker

Ok, first of all, if you don’t want a discussion, don’t write in a discussion board. I don’t need you trying to “tell me what to do”. I’ve been on the internet for a number of years and recently things have gotten worse. And I’m sorry to tell you this, but anytime you go on the internet, you can complain about other people on it, period. Perhaps one of the reasons the internet is so shitty nowadays is because of new people who just don’t know what a board is all about, fooing over everybody else once again.

It seems as if “entitled” resolved the “issues” somehow, since there was never any further reply.

si-blog

Maybe the etiquette police took away his internet :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers,
Karl

web design, development & seo by DigitalVibe

I think the only way you could contact them is if you have ‘call backs’ (phone support) on your hosting plan. But you could fax them, or submit a support request via the web panel.

…or buy a phone book :wink:

The phone book won’t get you anybody who can really help you, but it can provide them with interesting material to put on their blog.

http://blog.dreamhost.com/2006/08/16/you-cksckn-spammers/

-Scott

That is a great piece of audio available at that link!

Dear Sir/Madam

Salman here from scotland I am doing Small business here in scotland and I gave my website project in Pakistan and person who was making my website started blackmailing me and started demanding me Hugh amount of money to get me domain back and he registered domain on his name I paid for domain registration and every thing I was not aware he registered on his name and I have proof of our company registration and we are Vat registered company and have all legal docs to prove domain name is on our company name and now I am upset how to get domain back and some one advised me if I contact with domain hosting company and provide them whole info then they can register my domain on my name rather to give it to other person it is only possible on time of renew is it possible ? and I am not sure How to dontact with domain host company dream host as they dont provide phone support and my domain name is www.smsurgical.com If there is any way you can advise me or help me to get my domain back will be so kind and my contact number is 00447863548717 If you need any info or help pls feel free to contact any time and my email address is appalopk@yahoo.co.uk

Regards

Salman[hr]
Dear Sir/Madam

Salman here from scotland I am doing Small business here in scotland and I gave my website project in Pakistan and person who was making my website started blackmailing me and started demanding me Hugh amount of money to get me domain back and he registered domain on his name I paid for domain registration and every thing I was not aware he registered on his name and I have proof of our company registration and we are Vat registered company and have all legal docs to prove domain name is on our company name and now I am upset how to get domain back and some one advised me if I contact with domain hosting company and provide them whole info then they can register my domain on my name rather to give it to other person it is only possible on time of renew is it possible ? and I am not sure How to dontact with domain host company dream host as they dont provide phone support and my domain name is www.smsurgical.com If there is any way you can advise me or help me to get my domain back will be so kind and my contact number is 00447863548717 If you need any info or help pls feel free to contact any time and my email address is appalopk@yahoo.co.uk

Regards

Salman

This domain is hosted here, but not registered here. I already PM’d Salman how to proceed (contact registrar).