How do promo codes work?

I’m thinking about getting a plan with DH. Say I use a code that saves me $97. How is that money returned to me? Can it be credited for more plan time? Do I physically (term used loosely) get the money back? Does it only work with certain payment types?

Thanks for the help guys!
-David

The money is not returned to you.

This is a discount on your first invoice.

For instance, if you have to pay $119.4, you will finally pay $22.4

Get [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] Off with promo code :[color=#CC0000]97USA[/color] :cool: -->choose your plan (promo code included)

It’s supposed to work with all payment types now. It should show the discount on the last page of your signup.

Wholly - IS NOT MY PROMO CODE. Even worse, I don’t get any credit for it. Use WhollyMindless for full credit. I’m really disappointed in someone.

Also, you should know that the promo code only applies for the first year. So, next year, you will have to pay full price. Still a great value, though!

For 30% more diskspace, 30% more bandwidth, and $40 off use promo code [color=#CC0000]THEFULLMONTY[/color]

fidgeting.net

DreamHost has some new policy with the promo codes. You can choose to enjoy 97 dollar discount, or to have a lifetime domain and 82 dollar discount. It is sometimes interesting.

As they mentioned, when you use the promo code to sign up, you will see the disount in the last page.

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) with [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color]; Save [color=#CC0000]$82[/color] get lifetime domain with [color=#CC0000]82CRAZY[/color]. Sign Up NOW

Well–you get a lifetime domain anyways–the codes with free domains are extra added on. So, if you’re going to just be hosting one domain, don’t worry about finding a promo code with a free domain, as it’s already included in the plan.

For 30% more diskspace, 30% more bandwidth, and $40 off use promo code [color=#CC0000]THEFULLMONTY[/color]

fidgeting.net

Look around and you will probably find some nice promo code that suits you (see below). Perhaps you can send a private mail to any DreamHost customer to create a promo code customised for you.

Check Out [color=#CC0000]DreamHost Promo Codes[/color]

I changed my signature. I think lifetime domain is confusing. When we need to renew the plan, we still need to pay 9.95/yr for the domain right.

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost hosting plans using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color] Sign Up NOW

I changed my signature. I think lifetime domain is confusing. When we need to renew the plan, we still need to pay 9.95/yr for the domain right.

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost hosting plans using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color] Sign Up NOW

The promo-code creation page does say ‘free lifetime domain registration’, so I imagine the bonus ones are the same as the free domain registration included with all plans.

That is to say, you should receive a domain credit every year for each free lifetime domain registration you received when you signed-up, so as long as you maintain the hosting plan, the domains will remain ‘free’ and your renewal cost will be whatever the normal price of the plan is.

In short, I don’t think your signature was mis-leading at all.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

thanks for the clarification. I thought I mis-understood the new promo codes.

I’ll change my signature again and hope the new promo is suitable for somebody :stuck_out_tongue:

DH promo codes were always confusing for some customers. With the new variables (domains, % more features and Ip’s) it will add more difficulty of choice, but it opened some new possibilities :slight_smile:

Dreamhost $97 promo code

[color=#CC0000]97promo[/color] will give you $97 off
[color=#CC0000]90promo[/color] will give $7 to Unicef

It’s so complex that it generally doesn’t make much sense to really just do 100% bandwidth or 100% space or something. If anyone wants a custom promo code, I’m sure any of us would be quite willing to tailor one to your needs. (say 25% bandwidth boost and free IP with some discount?)

Wholly - Use promo code WhollyMindless for full 97$ credit. Let me know if you want something else!

I doubt many are using most of their standard supplied bandwidth or space, but a bonus is a bonus!

it would be cool if a new customer could use their promo code discount to buy their own choice of feature bonuses when they sign up.

Pay just [color=#CC0000]$22.40[/color] for 1 year Dreamhost hosting, use promo-code [color=#CC0000]MOJO97[/color]
Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] on all 1 and 2 year plans!! (Max saving on monthly plans too!!)

I like the new promo codes. Though I’m not interested in the extra space and bandwidth, the lifetime domain interests me very much. I wish I would have a chance to have the lifetime domain :frowning:

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) with [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color] Save [color=#CC0000]$82[/color] get lifetime domain with [color=#CC0000]82CRAZY[/color] Sign Up NOW

Well, you did get one ‘lifetime’ domain when you signed-up, all DreamHost customers get one, I guess you are referring to extra ‘lifetime’ domains. :slight_smile:

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

wait. I think I mis-understand again.

The free lifetime domain is only free for the first year, isn’t it? or it is free for lifetime?

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) with [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color] Save [color=#CC0000]$82[/color] get lifetime domain with [color=#CC0000]82CRAZY[/color] Sign Up NOW

Both the ‘free’ domain registration you receive with all hosting accounts and the bonus domain registrations you receive from promo-codes are ‘free’ for the life of your hosting. That is to say, as long as you keep your hosting plan active, you will not pay any extra to renew the registrations on those domains.

The ‘free’ domains basically work like this; Every year, just before your plan anniversary date, you are given one free ‘domain credit’ for each ‘lifetime free domain’ you have, you can use this credit to renew the domain free of cost, or you can let the original domain registration lapse and use your credit to register an entirely different domain.

These ‘domain credits’ do not show up anywhere in the panel (that I have seen), the only real way of telling that you have a ‘domain credit’ is that the renewal cost for a domain is shown as $0.00

Mark

Thanks for the clarification.

I mis-understood because I saw 0.00 for 1 year when I registered the free domain and 11 months left in Manage Domains section. I thought I would need to pay 9.95 when the domain expires in 1 year.

Now it is clear :wink:

Do those discounts count towards the “setup fee” as well. $50 is friggin steep.