How do I test my website without DNS?

Hi,
I am building a site but the DNS is not yet updated to pointing to dreamhost ones. In this case, how do I view my site as if it is on the internet? Is there an IP I can use to directly go to my site?

Thanks for helping.

This is a very often asked question, but luckily there is help in the Knowledge Base:

Viewing site before DNS change
How can I seamlessly transfer my site to DreamHost from another host?

Best of luck with your new website…

[color=#000000]DreamHost Promo Code[/color]: [color=#CC0000]Save $50[/color] with the promo code DREAMTEAM

This question has also been answered many times before on this forum, if you search.

-Matttail

It did not work well… After I installed xoops on the site, I browsed to the xxx.dreamhosters.com, it shows strange page, looks like something is missing because it is just plain text in bad format. Then I tried to log in as admin, it complains it cannot connects to xxx.com (where xxx is the real domain I am going to host).

I have a question, how do you guys set up mysql database when you do this testing? I set the physical path to be xxx.com and virtual path to be xxx.com as well, should I set the virtual path to xxx.dreamhosters.com?