How do I hide my 'images' folder from prying eyes?

Hi

How do I stop people from gaining access to the ‘images’ folder on my web server?
So if someone types www.mywebsite.com/images they don’t see the folder with my images in.
Any advice gratefully received.
Cheers.

options -indexes in a .htaccess file in your images directory should do it. wiki.dreamhost.com should explain it somewhere.

----------
[color=#00CC00]ANONYMOUS0 => Max Discount[/color], [color=#6600CC]ANONYMOUS2 => Max Discount less $1[/color] or Cut the code, [color=#CC0000]it’s their birthday:[/color] [color=#00CC00]9999 => $99.99 Off[/color]

also works if you create a empty index.html

touch index.html

Regards

Although one gives an explanation - error/forbidden page, and the other gives only a blank page?

----------
[color=#00CC00]ANONYMOUS0 => Max Discount[/color], [color=#6600CC]ANONYMOUS2 => Max Discount less $1[/color] or Cut the code, [color=#CC0000]it’s their birthday:[/color] [color=#00CC00]9999 => $99.99 Off[/color]

You could put anything you wanted in that page, like a redirect to your main page.

Wholly - IS NOT MY PROMO CODE. Even worse, I don’t get any credit for it. Use WhollyMindless for full credit. I’m really disappointed in someone.

there are some useful articles in the wiki. you may want to refer http://wiki.dreamhost.com/index.php/Htaccess

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost plans by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color].