How do I get started?

I registered a domain name yesterday. I just downloaded ftp software (which wasn’t easy for some reason, I couldn’t use filezilla for some reason, it wouldn’t let me connect). I uploaded a simple html file to test it out, but I can’t see it if I type in the url, I can only see it in ftp:// mode. This is my first time, and I have no idea what I’m doing. Basically my question is what do I do?

The manage domains page of the panel must show “fully hosted” following that a “user” is listed.

Log into that specific user. There you will find a directory named the same as your domain name. This directory was automatically added for you when you added hosting for the domain under this user. Uploading here will be visible via the web server.

examples:

1. You switch to the directory named for your domain and upload index.html. Navigating in a browser to your domain, the index.html will be displayed.

2. In the same directory named for your domain name upload a picture, if that picture is named example.jpg then your browser will be able to find the picture at example.com/example.jpg

Building off LakeRat’s reply, my manage domains page shows “fully hosted”. Would the “user” listed be my domain name?
My knowledge in this area is equal to a preschooler, so if someone could kindly point me in the direction of “A is Apple”, type of instructions on how to use this site, I would greatly appreciate it.

If you look under the line that says “fully hosted”, you should see another line that says something like “User: myuser”. That’s the username you’re looking for.