How do I delete a mailbox?

(A year since the mailbox/addresses panel reorg, and still I can’t find where on the panel to do simple things like this. Am I thick?)

Thanks.

In your defense, it might help if they wrote the whole word, “Delete”, instead of just “Del”. When I click on “Del”, I got a JavaScript confirmation: “REALLY DELETE [primary address] AND THE MAILBOX [username] AND ALL EMAIL ON IT PERMANENTLY?!!”

Though perhaps you are looking for removing a mailbox that isn’t listed on the addresses panel at all? Or do you mean having a FTP/shell user but no mailbox for that user?

:cool: Perl / MySQL / HTML+CSS

In your defence, I guess it is easy to misread “delete a mailbox” for “delete an address plus mailbox” :wink:

[quote]Though perhaps you are looking for removing a mailbox that isn’t listed on the addresses panel?

[/quote]

Yes.

[quote]Or do you mean having a FTP/shell user but no mailbox for that user?

[/quote]

Again yes.

If it was as easy as you suggest, I would not have asked.

Try “Creating a new email address” and see if the mailbox appears in the dropdown for the “deliver to this mailbox” section. If so, assign a bogus address to this mailbox and then after confirming that operation has completed, the mailbox should appear in the addresses list where you can delete it.

Otherwise contact support of course, since there doesn’t appear to be any other way to resolve stray mailboxes.

:cool: Perl / MySQL / HTML+CSS

[quote]Try “Creating a new email address” and see if the mailbox appears in the
dropdown for the “deliver to this mailbox” section.

[/quote]

It sometimes does, sometimes doesn’t.

[quote]If so, assign a bogus address to this mailbox and then after confirming
that operation has completed, the mailbox should appear in the addresses
list where you can delete it.

[/quote]

It does.

[quote]Otherwise contact support of course, since there doesn’t appear to be
any other way to resolve stray mailboxes.

[/quote]

I fear you are correct.

Thanks.