I control three domains, all of them have primary DNS at my ISP. I would like to have them mirrored at a DH location so, if my server goes down, I can simply point my ISP's DNS to the DH account. Example:
1) I control www.greetingcrafts.com
2) It's IP is 220.127.116.11
3) I want to register www2.greetingcrafts.com on DH
4) I want to point my ISP's DNS for www2 to DH
5) If the servers go down, I want change the DH account to www. and change my ISP's DNS (both A and MX) to reflect this
6) Volia! now DH handles mail and web while the server is being worked on.
Please note that I have the ability to update my registrar's information so the core DNS points to the DH dns server if that would help. But I could only do this IF and when fail over occurs -- not before the failure occurs.
Let me know ;>
Reality -- a consensual experience