I control three domains, all of them have primary DNS at my ISP. I would like to have them mirrored at a DH location so, if my server goes down, I can simply point my ISP’s DNS to the DH account. Example:
- I control www.greetingcrafts.com
- It’s IP is 18.104.22.168
- I want to register www2.greetingcrafts.com on DH
- I want to point my ISP’s DNS for www2 to DH
- If the servers go down, I want change the DH account to www. and change my ISP’s DNS (both A and MX) to reflect this
- Volia! now DH handles mail and web while the server is being worked on.
Please note that I have the ability to update my registrar’s information so the core DNS points to the DH dns server if that would help. But I could only do this IF and when fail over occurs – not before the failure occurs.
Let me know ;>
Reality – a consensual experience