How do I access my archived messages?

My mail has seen fit to archive a bunch of my messages since I have been away from my machine with Outlook Exp on it for a while.

How do I get to these messages? SqurrelMail doesn’t show the .old-messages folder (I assume because the leading period makes it hidden - what is the reasoning behind that?).

Also how do I now retreive these messages with my POP3 client?

Thanks,
Zilch

[quote]Have you looked at the Folders link/page in your webmail? Maybe you need to “subscribe” to the old-messages folder.

[/quote]

Ah - yes that helps. Thanks. Any ideas how to collect them via POP3? Do I just move them back to my Inbox and go for it?

Zilch

POP3 doesn’t have any concepts of folders. If you move it back to your inbox, it might get downloaded… really, though, if you’re using webmail much at all, you should be using IMAP.

I did use IMAP a while back, but it was a bit confusing as nothing got cleared from the server and the you get annoying things like running out of disk space or your mail getting automatically archived :slight_smile:

I guess the problem is I really need a better email client than Outlook Exp. I might try Thunderbird unless anyone has any better recommendations (Windows XP)

Thanks,
Zilch.

[quote]Have you looked at the Folders link/page in your webmail? Maybe you need to “subscribe” to the old-messages folder.

[/quote]

I can’t find any place to subscribe to the .oldmessages folder nor can I see anything in the knowledge base. I’m probably just overlooking something but I’ve looked everywhere and can’t find a way to see my archived messages. Would someone please help?

Thanks,

Hope

in your webmail.yourdomain.com

you will see

Current Folder: INBOX Sign Out
Compose Addresses Folders Options Search Help Calendar

select folders and you can subscribe to it there.

Thank you!