How Can I post Ads to PHPBB

apps

Hi,

I just successfully downloaded PHPBB to my remote server. I must say that it is awesome. It seems to meet all of my needs except for one.

I’m planning on hosting a forum funded by advertising revenue. How can I post Ads to PHPBB?

Or, if that is not possible, does anyone know of 3rd party software that will enable me to do this?

Thanks,

Quickfoot

Are you rolling your own advertising or going with an aggregator like Google Adsense?

Free unique IP and $67 off with code [color=#CC0000]LMIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Click for other Dreamhost coupons / promo codes

Thanks for the response Lensman.

Sorry, I’m such a newbie I don’t really know what you mean. The forum is related to guitar luthiering (making and fixing guitars) so the idea is to rent out ad space to music stores, guitar manufacturers, guitar string brands etc.

I guess that falls under rolling out my own advertising?

Yeah, that would be roll-your-own, if you’re going to be contacting the advertisers yourself.

I’m not an expert in this area (I’ve used Adsense a little, but not much more than that). The basic idea is that you have to mod your templates to put in your advertising banners in the appropriate places.

There are a couple of mods that either help you with this (SubTemplates) or that help manage your advertising overall - rotating ads, etc. If you search over on the phpbb site, you’ll find a lot of lively discussion on the topic!

Free unique IP and $67 off with code [color=#CC0000]LMIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Click for other Dreamhost coupons / promo codes

In your phpBB script, open your styles/your-style folder then edit the overall_header.html file. You can insert your AdSense code or something related to.

O97 - $97 off
[color=#00CC00]Another hosting I recommend.[/color]